Friday, February 13, 2015

Happy Valentine's Day!


I send you a kiss.
One memorable kiss
That you can feel in your heart.
No spittle,
No germs,
No embarrassing breath—
No
Lipstick stains,
Jealously,
Fighting,
Slamming doors,
Or drama of any kind.
 
Just the faint whisper
Of heated air
Passing your cheek-
Lingering long enough
To mingle in your scent.
My gift between
Consenting adults.
One solitary kiss
That doesn’t lead to more.
No lusting,
Nothing sexy....

Like a misplaced hair
Tickling your face
Or a soft tissue
Wiping a tear.
One solitary kiss.
My little present
For you to accept-
To remember when
The calendar pages
Fall like autumn leaves-
To unveil when times are hard-
To savor when you’re alone.

I send you a kiss.

Did you get it?

18 comments:

  1. Very nice!
    Although I don't mind exchanging germs with my wife.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks William. Hope your Valentine spoils you today!

      Delete
  3. Oh I love that, Eve! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Krisztina. Hope you have a lovely Valentine's Day! It's so nice that it's on a Saturday this time!

      Delete
  4. I did thank you, and I’ve sent you one back with no spittle and no germs!
    Happy Valentines Day Eve, I hope you get lots of kisses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for returning one so quickly Barbara. I appreciate it! I'll add it to my collection. LOL

      Delete
  5. What a welcome contrast to all the horror, werewolves, shapeshifters and vampires over at Writers Mayhem! Nice to have someone looking at the wonder of life and love.

    Happy Valentine's Day, Eve!

    PS You might want to point out that Penniless Hearts would make a great Valentine's Day gift....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I keep pointing that out but some peeps are sick of hearing about Penniless Hearts. Can you imagine? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice to read your kiss-y message~

    ReplyDelete
  8. sending virtual (non spittled) air kisses and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks! I did get it! Sending a hug and a candy kiss back to you. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete